20 Sept 2011

Run Liverpool Marathon Race Pack

I’ve got my marathon race number – and it’s a corker!

The excitement of receiving your first marathon race pack through the post is… well, about medium. How is excitement measured anyway? Assuming excitement is measured on a scale of one to ten with ten being the most excited I’ve ever been… actually, I’ve probably only ever got to about four, but pretend I’m the excitable type, then a marathon race pack dropping on the door mat is about a 5-ish.



The race pack was easily identifiable as it was marked with the Run Liverpool Marathon logo on the front. I didn’t open it straight away instead deciding to go out for my 6 mile run and let the excitement build. Whilst running I fantasised about what my number could be. Maybe “1234” that would be pretty special. All the 7’s well that would be awesome! I just hoped it wasn’t just a random order of four numbers that didn’t mean anything, how disappointing.

Once in from my run and re-lubricated I opened my Run Liverpool Marathon pack and pulled out my race number, I wasn’t disappointed. “5432”. Brilliant! What a number! I’m tempted to write a “1” on the end, or maybe I’ll find runner “0001” and run along with them constantly on my left hand side.

For those that are interested the race pack contains:

Race Instructions Booklet – Containing race day information, spectator tips, route maps and a brilliant pace chart to help you work out where you might be at any given time dependant on your pace, great for spectators wanting to cheer people on.

A Letter – Containing all sorts of useful information about how to get to and from the event.

Advertising Material – Including flyers for gyms, running magazines and bizarrely a postcard advertisement for the Run Liverpool Marathon, for which I have received the race pack for, and for which entries closed many months ago, strange.

A Super Cool Race Number.

What’s Next


Well, once the race number excitement dies down (which will probably take a couple of days) I’ll consume the race information and start planning my race day. I’m running in the Preston 5k as a warm up event. I've a lot to consider. I only live an hour and a half away from the start line so I could travel down on the morning of the race or originally being from that part of the world I have good friends in the area and could crash over at someone’s house the night before maybe. I also need to choose a pub to down some pints in after the race (only joking).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Sites